Is your excel sheet filled with duplicates? Fear not, we are here to help! In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to remove duplicates in excel. Editing data in excel can be done through Microsoft excel or online editors while we will explain you how to do it on the famous one that is Microsoft excel software. This blog will first explain how you can find duplicates and then remove them permanently. This process is simple and easy to follow, so let’s get started!
What is the fastest way to find duplicates in Excel?
The following are the steps on how to remove duplicates in excel by first finding and highlighting them:
1. Open your excel sheet and select the data that you want to check for duplicates.
2. On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Conditional Formatting.
3. Click Highlight Cell Rules, and then click Duplicate Values.
4. In the Duplicate Values dialog box, under Condition 1, click values in the selected range that are equal to, and then type the value that you want to find duplicates of.
5. Under Format only cells with, click Duplicate or unique values.
6. Click Format, and then select the fill color that you want to use to highlight the duplicates. Click OK twice.
Your duplicates should now be highlighted! You can now delete them or take other appropriate action.
What is the shortcut to remove duplicates in Excel?
If you want to remove duplicates in Excel quickly, you can use the following keyboard steps to remove your duplicate values easily:
- Select the data that you want the duplicates to be removed from.
- Go to the Data tab and select the ‘Remove duplicates’ option.
- A dialogue box opens which enables you to select or unselect any column that you may want to keep or remove from the selected data.
- Click OK to remove the duplicates.
We hope this guide was helpful in teaching you how to remove duplicates in excel. This process is simple and easy to follow, so you should have no problem getting rid of those pesky duplicates! Excel can be overwhelming sometimes but with the right techniques and steps, you can make working easy on excel. If you don’t know how to remove blank rows in excel or have doubts regarding how to select every other row in excel, you may like to read our other blogs and get your doubts cleared.